Friday 11 May 2012

The Finished Cake!!

Well, I DID IT! I've spent the day painting the sea and adding the finishing touches to the Titanic, and managed to finish by 3pm!

Ta-Daaaaaaaahhhhhh!!;



What do we think??!

Now i'm quite a perfectionist, and this cake is by no means perfect, BUT - I have to admit, I'm very pleased for my first ever attempt! As I said, i've never made anything more than a basic jam-sponge, and hadn't a clue how to ice or marzipan, so all in all, I'm chuffed!;


We have the "Heart of the Ocean", lifeboats and a choppy, icy sea!


It's been a busy week, but SO worth it after the look on Mia's face when she walked in and saw it on the kitchen table! She was thrilled! And insisted on us playing the Celine Dion Titanic theme song once the candles were lit and before she blew them out!;


We had a lovely family party, but I will post on that tomorrow. I'm off to bed now to try and get a little sleep at least (Baby Boy is teething at the moment!), as we are off to Dan-yr-Ogof Show Caves in the morning as a Birthday treat!

Have a lovely weekend xx




12 comments:

  1. Absolutely Fabulous! You've certainly pushed the boat out (no pun intended) and Mia must be over the moon with this excellent creation. Happy birthday celebrations to Mia. Enjoy your weekend. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at the happy smile on Mia's face, that says it all! Well done to you, you very clever mummy!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. well done you. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing. well done you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fantastic cake! Have a fantastic weekend.. hopefully it will stay nice and dry. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaawww, that's so lovely, the cake and the look of joy. Well done girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made a beautiful cake Marina, your little girl must have been so proud, well done you! Birthday greetings, hope you have a lovely time
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marina: You did a fantastic job and I can tell Mia is overjoyed. What a sweet Mum you are and hope you and your family have a fun time at the show caves. Sounds interesting..Happy Mother's Day..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!! Marina that cake is fantastic! You are amazing - what a creation. I am sure Mia must have been thrilled to bits. Have a great Mother's Day - I think you derserve a break now ;-) Becks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A triumph! A real triumph! Well done you, you must be very proud of yourself. I'm not sure I'd have attempted it, too scared!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi just found your lovely blog, what a cake that looks so good well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's brilliant, I absolutely love it and you can tell she does too. Mum made cakes are the best (mine are always wonky round the back and I angst terribly over them but it's just so much nicer than buying from a shop)
    x

    Swap partners are up on the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely messages! They really do brighten up my day xx