First of all I want to say thank you to everyone for the lovely comments you have left on my blog, they really do brighten up my day - and lets face it, we all need a little ray of sunshine with the weather like it is lately!
And talking of Sunshine..I was so touched to recieve the Sunshine Award this week from the lovely Judy at GoldCountryCottage! If you haven't yet visited Judy's beautiful, inspiring blog, then I would highly recommend you do!
Here is my award!;
Now i understand that the rules are I must answer the 5 questions below, then choose five blogs which never fail to brighten up my day, and pass on the Award. This was SO hard, as I truly do enjoy everyone's blogs equally, but I will stick to the rules, and here are my chosen five;
1) Lynda at Hookin' With Laa Laa
2) Katy at In The Sunny Spot
3) Lisa at Jumble And Jelly
4) Bellaboo at Bellascountry
5) Rebecca at Rebecca Dorne Diaries
I understand that some of you may prefer to keep your blogs award-free, and that's fine, I think the important part of this little game is just letting someone know how much you enjoy their blog - and I really do enjoy yours!
Now the last thing for me to do is to answer the 5 questions; so here it goes;
l. Favorite Color: Dusky Pink and Teal Green equally
2. Favorite Animal: Donkeys, I absolutely ADORE them, I cannot go to a Show or event without visiting the Donkey Sanctuary stand and making a fuss of the donkeys! - Elephants come a very close second!
3. Favorite Number: 16 - this was the number of my school bus when I was in High School! For me, being on the bus with all my friends was the best part of the day! I've always used this number ever since if i've ever had to choose a number!
4. Favorite non-alcholic drink: You can't beat a good cup of Typhoo Tea!
5. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, I don't have a clue about Twitter...but at the moment I much prefer to blog, so rarely use Facebook nowadays.
6. What's your passion: My Husband and children first and foremost..and then, I guess it would be trawling charity shop/antique market,car-boot,jumble sales!
7. Giving or Receiving: I think there's nothing better than deciding upon, buying, wrapping and giving a beautiful gift, something which you know will really make that person smile. I like to really think about what i'm giving and that it will be something special to the recipient.
8. Favorite Pattern: polka-dots, everything is polka-dots with me, followed closely by florals and paisley - anything Cath Kidston really!
9. Favorite day of the week: A Friday - as it's the day I collect Mia from school, I love walking home, planning the weekend ahead.
10. Favorite Flower: Pink Roses - these were prominent in our wedding flowers and remind me very much of my Grandma.
So thank you very much Judy!! It means such a lot to know that my blog is read and enjoyed by others. Your little gesture came at the right time as I wasn't having a good day! I like to keep my blog a positive, happy place, but lets just say I wasn't relishing the thought of going back to work (albeit part-time) after 6 months maternity leave - i'm going to miss Baby Boy SO much!), and then to top things off, I had been waiting in the house all day for a delivery of books for Mia's birthday. A set that she had been excited about reading for some time. Would you believe it, the Courier had not bothered to knock at my door, he had simply left the cardboard box of books outside the front door, for hours, in the torrential rain!! The box was only discovered in the late afternoon when someone called at the door. Needless to say, the books were absolutely sopping wet and thoroughly ruined - what a thing to do!! Luckily the lady from customer service at the, lets just say; "well known national book seller" was very sympathetic and re-ordered them free of charge, apologising profusely. It's not the just the inconvenience, I love books and hate to see them get spoilt.
Anyway, rant over! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend,