Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Finally i'm back online! For almost a month I have been without internet due to our computer well and truly packing up; I cannot believe how cut off from the world i felt - it literally has been my lifeline whilst at home on maternity leave, i missed reading and writing blogs so much! I couldn't believe our bad luck in that after the computer died we quickly decided to order a new one, which had been something on our wish-list for quite some time, only to recieve it via "next day delivery", and open it up, to find that the new computer was what my dad would call, "a dud". It simply would not switch on, let alone do anything else! So back it went, and this time for some unknown reason, it took a further fortnight before a replacement could be sent. But finally, on Friday, it arrived, and i must say that i'm loving the new one, lots of new software to play around with and a fantastic new printer/scanner as well - very pleased!

It has been really lovely to catch up with all my favourite blogs this weekend, and i've been very spolit today for Mother's Day! Hubby and Mia made me a lovely breakfast this morning, and i've had some lovely gifts;




And 3 lovely cards!;

My favourite of all, as always, is the handmade card from school; this term Mia's class are doing a project on the Olympics, so the Mother's Day cards carried on the theme with gold medal made from a cake case! Such a great idea i thought!;



The mini cake has already gone, and this evening we are treating ourselves to my favourite Indian takeaway; i'm already hungry at the thought of a prawn rogan, chick pea side-dish, peshwari naan & plenty of popadoms & dips whilst watching "Upstairs Downstairs".. bliss!

Hope you have all had a lovely day too xx

9 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. Isn't it frustrating when computers let you down. I have been really busy these last few weeks and have not posted as much as I would have liked and have missed the connection with other bloggers. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's day - I had a wonderful day with all my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back online again at last.It's amazing how we miss it when we something goes wrong.
    Oh..drool..what I'd give for a curry..I've just started a diet and I'm soooooooo hungry! Glad you enjoyed your special day. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the virtual world! I am always thinking I should turn off my computer for a month. Looks like you had a lovely Mother's day! Becks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, a whole month without the internet, what a lot of catching up in blogland you have!!

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back ;-) Gorgeous card looks like you had a magical day yesterday ;-) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to 'blogland'! It sounds as if you've had a lovely Mother's Day. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back :) It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's day. That card is just so sweet from your daughter..cards made with love are always the best :)
    The curry sounds yummy..just reading about it is making me hungry..haha.
    Have a great day :)
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have you back.
    What fab day of treats you've had. Lucky Girl. Love the little chocolates.
    looking forward to more from you.
    Joasia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to have you back,What wonderful cards and gifts you received,take care,love juliexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely messages! They really do brighten up my day xx